Custom Decision Rules are a powerful addition to Instnt Workflow that allows you to tailor your decision-making process like never before. With this feature, you can create and manage rules that dictate how decisions are made based on a variety of input types. Whether you need to make decisions in real-time or automate complex workflows, Custom Decision Rules provides the ability to customize the decision process and restrict or flag for review users that meet certain conditions based on specific requirements of the customer. For more information on how to create a workflow, see the Create a Workflow.
Rules can be used to push users into a reject or review state based on customers' specific requirements. Custom Decision Rules are evaluated sequentially, with the process stopping at the first rule that matches the specified conditions, allowing for efficient and effective decision-making based on your customized criteria.
When you create custom decision rules, you typically set them up in a specific order within your workflow. This order matters because the system evaluates these rules sequentially, one after another, following the order you've defined.
Terminating at the First Matching Rule: As the system processes these rules, it checks if the conditions specified in each rule are met based on the data or criteria available. When it finds the first rule whose conditions are satisfied, it takes action based on that rule, and the evaluation process stops. This means that only the first matching rule is applied, and subsequent rules are not considered. This approach ensures that the decision-making process is efficient and that the most relevant rule takes precedence. Let's say you have three rules in your workflow:
- Rule 1: Reject if the age is less than 18.
- Rule 2: Review if the document image is unclear.
- Rule 3: Accept if the document type is "Passport."
If a user submits a document for verification, the system will first check Rule 1. If the user's age is less than 18, the system will reject the submission, and no further rules are evaluated. If the age is 18 or older, the system will move on to Rule 2. If the document image is clear, the system will accept it, and Rule 3 will not be considered.
This sequence and application of rules allow you to define a specific decision-making process that aligns with your business requirements. It ensures that the most important and relevant rule is applied first, streamlining the decision process.
With the flexibility of comparison operators, you can fine-tune your decision-making process to ensure it aligns perfectly with your business needs. To use these comparison operators, simply select the provided relevant operator when defining your custom decision rules.
Explore the new "Rules'' Tab in Instnt Workflow and unlock the potential of Custom Decision Rules. Whether you're looking to optimize your application approval process, customize customer interactions, or automate routine decisions, this feature is designed to meet your needs.
To set up and configure "Custom Decision Rules" in Instnt, follow these steps:
- Go to the Instnt dashboard and click on "Create Workflow."
- Inside the workflow creation interface, navigate to the "Rules" tab.
- Here, you'll be presented with two options for input types. Choose either "Form Field" or "Reason Code" based on your requirements.
- If you opt for "Form Field," you can select from all the fields that you have chosen for this particular workflow, allowing for customized decision-making based on your input.
- If you opt for "Reason Code" you can select from a comprehensive list of reason codes associated with various transaction outcomes. If you need more details about these codes, see the Reason Code Glossary.
- To add a new rule, simply click on the "+ ADD RULE" tab. This step allows you to define the specific conditions and criteria for your decision-making process.
- Once you've configured and are satisfied with all the types of decision rules you've added, proceed to the next step by clicking "Next Step." It's important to note that the rules you added or edited are not saved automatically. To persist these rules, at the end of your workflow, you need to review your custom workflow, and to save and create it, simply click on the "Create Workflow" button.
That's it! You've successfully implemented your custom decision rules, enhancing the functionality and flexibility of your Instnt workflow. For more information on workflows, see Create a Workflow.
Custom Decision Rules configuration becomes evident once a custom workflow is created and saved. Users can observe the impact of these configurations in the Transactions Tab. Within this tab, the Transactions Review Pane offers a comprehensive view of user transactions, presenting a preview that encompasses all the collected data organized in various tabs. Notably, it also highlights the specific attributes that played a pivotal role in the final decision-making process.
Additionally, if a transaction is impacted by the configured rules engine, in the transaction review, it will be marked as decision override, and this will also appear as an additional model decision in the model tab. For additional insights and details, you can refer to the Transaction Review Guide.